Or at least try to in these shoes! If you are looking for a vegan and environmentally friendly shoe, you can't really get any better than Brooks Green Silence shoes. At first glance they are a little quirky compared to the standard ultra white running shoe with a splash of colour here and there. I know I am not the only runner who has picked shoes solely on their accents colour. I have also had some pretty nasty bouts of Plantar fasciitis . Those two are not related, and I am sticking to that.
The main vegan concern in running shoes is often the glues. They are rarely vegan and manufacturers will often use the cheapest available to them. So while the components of the shoes are easy to identify, the glues are a bit trickier. Brooks use of water based adhesives is a guarantee that any vegan can walk (or run) away happy with.
Key Green Features:
- The world's first-ever biodegradable midsole for running shoes
- 75% of the shoe’s materials are post-consumer recycled
- Biodegradable insole and collar foams
- Laces, gillies, and reinforced webbing are 100% post-consumer recycled
- Water-based adhesives are used throughout
- All dyes and colorants are non-toxic
- Packaging is 100% post-consumer recycled
As soon as my current shoes hit 500k I am ordering a pair! Now just to narrow down my colour choice.
What shoes do you run in?? Do you try to pick Vegan or eco-friendly models where possible.
- The Green Silence (crossroadslifecoach.wordpress.com)