I eat about 80% clean. Sometimes more, sometimes less. And by that I mean I try to eat whole, unprocessed foods with minimal additives etc. There is more about that in this post. I thought it might be a good idea to share some of my less than perfect food choices. While I think balance is important, I have felt guilty lately indulging in these foods. Maybe that is a good thing, but I want everyone to know upfront that I have my vices, and it's probably a good idea to get everything out in the open before they pop up in a post ; ) So here it goes...
The things I need to let go:
- I drink too much coffee. My barista knows that I like a tall soy coffee misto with SF cinnamon dolce, extra hot. Actually everyone in my office building might know my order. At least I am predictable right?? This is one of the things I need to change.
- I also drink diet pepsi (hangs head in shame). I know, I know! So bad for me and the environment. But I actually am in the process of cutting it out completely (AGAIN). I have shifted to Zevia to transition. It's not pretty with the headaches let me tell you. What scares me is I think it might be more aspartame withdrawal than caffeine.
- Whenever I go to the grocery store with the bulk bins I buy a bag of those pretty, shiny, wasabi rice crackers. You know the ones? They have sea-weed wrapped around them and are likely full of all kinds of bad things including MSG.
The things I am ok with:
- Dark chocolate. In particular endangered species dark chocolate with mint. I LOVE it, but only buy it for special occasions because I will demolish the king size bar in one sitting.
- Barbara's Cinnamon Puffins. Me and J eat them as a snack sometimes, and while not the healthiest cereal choice, I feel they are a better option than microwave popcorn that has a shelf life longer than my own.
- Hummus. While not unhealthy per se, it probably shouldn't be it's own food group. For some reason I will never tire of hummus and carrots.
Those are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Do you have any less than healthy food habits that you would like to share?? I certainly won't judge!