There are many reasons to love Etsy. Their support for small business, local economies and small-scale artisans has changed the way people shop. They have made it possible to buy local without leaving your home. In February alone:
- $58.3 million of goods (after refunds and cancellations) were sold by the Etsy community
- 2,240,945 new items were listed
- 654,501 new members joined the Etsy community
- 1.3 billion page views were recorded
Those are impressive stats signalling that people are slowly changing the way they buy. What's even more impressive, is the ability to drill down to Canadian, Albertan and even Edmonton based sellers. In fact, there is even an Etsy Alberta Team! You can find them by:
- Etsy - search "Alberta Team"
- Team Blog - there's an alphabetical member list on the right hand side of the home page. Each shop name links directly to that team members shop!
- Etsy Alberta Street Team Page - here you'll find a complete list of all team members.
Here are just a few of my favourite vegan finds:
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="760" caption="This ones in Calgary"][/caption]
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="760" caption="This one is in Calgary too!"][/caption]
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="760" caption="Vegan mineral eye shadows in Edmonton!"][/caption]
Please feel free to share your favourite vegan Etsy finds. The more we can support these great businesses the better.