Happy April Fools Day! Thankfully nobody played any big pranks on me today, but I did fall for the west jet tweet about new flights with no children. I thought it was a good idea for business travelers lol (I did not watch the ridiculous video).
What else does April 1 mark?? Exactly 3 months out from the half ironman!! On that note, I have decided to do more dedicated posts to my training and more importantly how to train as a vegetarian/vegan athlete. There are a few things that you need to be conscious of as a vegan, and as a woman too (iron is one). I would love to hear from others training for events. It seems from the VVOA facebook page that our Edmonton community is very active!! I am dedicating this post to athletes that inspire me and bloggers with an amazing array of nutrition and health info.
Vegan runners & nutritional gurus
- Rich Roll - ultra marathoner and an 'active advocate on behalf of plant based nutrition for athletes'.
- Brendan Brazier - you may be familiar with the VEGA products and Thrive diet.
- Rip Esselstyn - Founder of the Engine 2 diet, Rip is teaching people the connection between what they put in their mouths and their ability to reach their health and fitness goals.
Vegan/vegetarian health bloggers
- Angela Liddon - Oh She Glows (Canadian!)
- Caitlin Boyle - Healthy Tipping Point
- Brittany Mullins - Eating Bird Food
- Lori & Michelle - Pure2raw
- Gena Hamshaw - Choosing Raw
- Vegan Lisa - Vegan Culinary Crusade (Also Canadian!)
Please make suggestions for what you would like to see training-related posts cover!