In my last post, I made a resolution to travel more in 2013, which sent me into traveler's dreamland thinking about all the wonderful places I would like to visit.
We are in the process of making a traveler's wish list of little trips we would like to take. Winnipeg will be a mandatory stop. My little nephew is turning 2 on May 1 and last year I only made it home once. I have aunty's guilt from missing out on so many milestones. But aside from that, there are a few places on my list that I would love to make it to this year.
- Portland, OR - I hear it is like Mecca for Vegans. It would be awesome if we could take a trip there during the Portland Veg Fest, which I am pretty sure will take place some time in September. I have been a devout follower of Peas and Thank You for some time now, and Mama Pea's posts on Portland (like this one) always make me want to book a flight ASAP.
- Austin, TX - We have friends that go to Austin City Limits almost every year (except this year because they are having a baby and I am pretty sure that will change some of their travel plans). There are so many things about Austin that appeal to me: the weather, the food, the cycling (Mellow Johnny's)
- Asheville, NC - This one probably seems a little off the radar, but I really, REALLY want to go to Moogfest in 2013. We couldn't make it in 2012 because it was smack dab in between the wedding and our honeymoon (it's a hard life I know) but the lineup looked amazing.
- Quebec City - four years ago I fell in love with Montreal (it was the first trip we ever took together) and have wanted to travel to Quebec city ever since. I think it would make a great summer vacation to travel to Ottawa-Montreal-Quebec this summer.
- Antalya, Turkey - this is one of the big ones. Every year we take a 2-3 week trip somewhere great. So far, we have traveled together to Thailand, Laos, Philippines, Hong Kong and El Salvador. Turkey in on my dream list.
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="613"] Konyaalti Beach Antalya[/caption]
So that is my list (so far) for 2013. Tell me, where do you hope 2013 takes you??