It is December 27. The Christmas celebrations are mostly finished and we are (sadly) heading back to work today. I know a lot of people experience post holiday blues, but I often get more energy at this time. Now that I can get back to my routine and prepare to welcome a new year with new challenges and surprises.
I am not really one for sweeping new year's resolutions, but I can certainly acknowledge there are things in me that need to change. I also look to 2013 for new goals, new races, new travels and seeing my niece and nephew grow and change. So, in no particular order here is my hit list for 2013:
- Stop swearing at home. I don't swear ever, at all, anywhere but at home when we are arguing. And I really hate that. So my resolution is to not swear when we are arguing. I have no idea how to action this yet so advice is welcome.
- Run faster not further. I am super excited to be taking part in the Edmonton Run Project this year. Starting in January I will be working with 4 coaches (1 former Olympian) to work at improving my 10k pace. More on that in a later post!
- Kick the aspartame habit. I have been doing really well for 4 weeks now. I can go days and days without a diet Pepsi and I brought Stevia to work to avoid putting a splenda in my coffee. What I need now is to keep the momentum going!
- Bi-monthly travels. 4 years ago, when J and I first started dating, we used to go on 4 day trips. We saw Montreal, my home town a few times, Victoria, and the ski hills in a matter of months. We lost those little adventures along the way and this year we vow to bring them back.
- Less Soy. I can be a lazy vegan and turn to veggie burgers and processed products more often than I would like to admit. By going soy-free for a while I think I can curb this habit.
There you have it! The top 5 for 2013. Have you made any resolutions for the new year, or are you more a year long goal setter and change maker? I would love to here them!
For those of you heading back to work this week, we will make it through this 2-day week together : )