Today marks the first day of the third trimester! It seems like it has taken FOREVER to arrive. I now have 9 weeks of work left (10 - 1 week of holidays) and I am starting to freak out.
This Saturday I ran 5k and it felt painful. Not a bad pain, just a discomfort. I am now debating either taking a hiatus from running or buying a belly support. I still love the feeling I get from running but the round ligament pain is detracting from that.
I am still going to prenatal yoga once a week and try to get in a Tracy Anderson workout once a week too. I also walk from work to the edge of downtown every day so that they bus is less congested. That = 2.5 km a day 5 days a week. Not too shabby.
- It seems that my belly is growing every day! I am religious with belly oil despite reading that stretch marks really come down to genetics in the end.
- My back hurts. I think it is the way he is positioned (right along my spine!)
- My appetite has decreased.
- I still have restless leg syndrome. Compression socks help when I sleep.
Overall things are going pretty great! I am so happy that he is healthy and growing. I am nervously reading blogs about running postpartum and trying to figure it all out. I guess it will be one of those "wait and see" things.
I did book a flight to AZ to spend 21 days with my parents in January. At least the cold weather won't be an excuse that keeps me from getting outside.
There are a lot of things we still need to get:
- A bassinet of some sort
- A running stroller (still a maybe)
- A dresser for the nursery
- A change pad and all diaper necessities.
- A mobile for the nursery.
That's all for now. Here's hoping that these last 12 weeks or so go smoothly.