I think I mentioned that we met with our Doula last week to discuss our birth plan. While it still seems far away (55 days!) she did have a few questions that left us stumped in a "we haven't even thought of that" kind of way.
Here are the major points of our birth plan (so far):
- who is going to be in the delivery room: me, J (my husband), and our Doula.
- I hope to have a vaginal birth.
- I would prefer to use natural methods of induction if needed (mostly because I have been told that Pitocin causes even more intense contractions which scares me)
- I am bringing my exercise ball with me and our Doula is bringing a birthing stool.
- I plan to start with no pain meds and progress to laughing gas and judge from there.
- I am terrified of tearing and one of my questions for my next appointment with my Ob/Gyn is to ask what methods she uses to prevent tearing (i.e. warm cloths).
- On most points (vacuum, suction, c-section, etc.) I am leaving it up to my Ob's discretion. I trust her and I know her stance on c-sections so I feel like any interventions will be done in our best interest.
- Apparently J does want to cut the cord (after delayed clamping).
- Visitors will be welcome after my (our) first successful latch.
- I plan on trying to breastfeed (see #9).