I have two weeks left of work. Two weeks!
The nursery is now 80% complete. We need a chair for nursing and a light/sound machine or at least a lamp. We also bought two new chairs from Target for the living room because we figured visitors after the baby arrives won't be as amenable to sitting on the floor as our other guests have been.
I talked to my mom on Friday night and asked her important questions like "I read I should bring depends to the hospital, is that true?" and "I need to get nipple cream for my hospital bag, what should I get?". You know those first time, awkward conversations you have with your parents.
I wish my mom was here. I wish my sister was here. To be fair I wish my whole family was here. It hurts my heart that they won't all won't have the same newborn pictures with Baby A that my niece and nephew have.
Things I have noticed in this final stage of pregnancy:
- I am not hungry. Thirsty yes, but most days I can't be bothered eating. I think this is because my stomach is being compressed to about the size of a peanut.
- When I do feel like eating, I have been craving all things pumpkin. I blame this on all the talk about the revival of the pumpkin spice latte.
- The baby gets the hick-ups about once a day. At work the other day, my colleague and I were at a meeting and I told her to look at my belly because you could see the flick, flick, flick of his baby hick-ups.
- My back and shoulders are getting really tight. I was doing forward bends yesterday to stretch my hamstrings and my back hurt more than anything. This is probably something I should work on.
- Update on the car: with the seat in the middle back it fits! While we will still need a new car later we will probably put it on the back burner until spring.
- Time is going so fast now!!
- Pack the baby's hospital bag.
- Maternity photos are this week!
- Do a test drive to the hospital in rush hour (just in case)
- Buy new pyjamas and slippers for my hospital bag.
- Figure out what (if any) chair to get for the nursery.